CEUs for this presentation: .75
CEUs available for the following certifications:
- APA / AICP – American Institute of Certified Planners
- ASLA – American Society of Landscape Architects
- CPRP/NRPA – Certified Parks and Recreation Professional/National Recreation and Park Association
Speaker(s): Ana Seivert; Katie Robillard; Ivey Kaiser
The purpose of this presentation will be to learn about the City of Austin’s Urban Trail Program and the challenges with reaching a wider community about trails and how to access them. This session will focus on how the City is working to encourage broader engagement and activity on trails through placemaking, wayfinding, and trail activation.
We’ll share a successful example of an event that highlighted the trail as a community asset and gathering space. The Austin Parks Foundation and Shoal Creek Conservancy, trail non-profits, from Austin will share examples of how they’re engaging trail users through these strategies.
The presentation will be followed by a question and answer period.
- Identify common challenges agencies face for engaging the broader community around trails
- Outline strategies for increasing education and engagement through placemaking, wayfinding and trail activation
- Give examples of what the City of Austin and non-profit trail groups are doing in Austin to reach the community
There are no reviews yet.