Greater Houston Off-Road Bicycle Association (GHORBA) Website
Who We Are
Our Vision is to establish the greater Houston area as the best large urban city for off-road cycling.
- * Advocate for greater recreational trail access with public and private land owners and managers
- * Build & maintain sustainable multi-use trails
- * Educate the public on sustainable trail building, trail maintenance, and riding skills and safety
- * Partner with the community to promote youth cycling
- * Hold social events and races for the enjoyment of off-road cyclists and stakeholders
GHORBA was formed in September 1999 when the Houston Area Mountain Bike Riders Association (HAMBRA) and the Memorial Park Mountain Bike Association (MPMBA) joined forces to save the trails in Memorial Park from closure to all cyclists. Over the years GHORBA has expanded trail interests to dozens of Houston Area mountain bike trails.
GHORBA is a non-profit 501c(3) corporation. It generates its operating revenue from your membership dues, organizing a TMBRA series mountain bike race, and grants and donations from biking and outdoor-related businesses as well as Houston-area corporations.