We found this gem in our archives recently. From the April/May 1999 issue of The Advocate (BikeTexas’ original newsletter).
Chandler (who is just six years old) wrote up these rules this afternoon, all by herself. I thought you might consider them as copy for the newsletter, if you are looking for a kid’s view of the world. — Charlie Gandy
Chandler’s Bike Safety Rules
- Never ride a bike with your shoes un tide.
- Put your helmet on and make sher it fits.
- Wen you first start dont go on things slipery like leafs.
- Not more then two peopol by some one on a bike.
- Stay on right side of the road.
- Always keep your hands on the handels.
- Always park in a bike rac wern you are on a bike.
- Do not stand up on a bike.
- Give the other persin room.
- Keep the road claen for you and other peopel.
- Do not honk your horn just to talk to a frend.
- Make sure you bike works like it should.
- If you ride with your buddies dont hog the road.
- Dont cause a traffic jam.
Photo: Front page of April/May 1999 The Advocate, with Chandler’s column on the left-hand side.