Complete Streets (HB 1102) and Safe Passing (HB 2225) have both had their initial hearing in the House Transportation Committee. We’re hoping these bills will come up for a vote in the House Transportation Committee tomorrow, April 23. We need your help!
Listed below are those representatives who have not yet confirmed a YES vote for Complete Streets and Safe Passing. If any of these committee members represent you, please contact him or her TODAY to ask for his/her vote on Complete Streets and Safe Passing.
Not sure who represents you? Go here to find your representative.
If your representative isn’t listed, hold tight! There will be time for everyone to act as soon as we get these bills out of committee.
TAKE ACTION NOW:
- Call or email your representative’s office now and ask for his/her support for HB 1102 and HB 2225.
- Each member’s name above is a link to his/her page with a phone number and email form. NOTE: Please call the Austin office, not the district office.
- BikeTexas has found the following format to be most effective when communicating with elected officials:
1. My name is _____ and I live in District _____.
2. My occupation is _____.
3. I (or my spouse/child/parent) ride a bicycle.
4. Will Rep. _____ vote Yes on Complete Streets and Safe Passing?
- Be polite. Thank the staff for their time. They field hundreds of angry calls every day, so let’s make sure cyclists stand out by being courteous. Giving the staffers and the representative a positive impression of Texas cyclists could be the difference in getting the bills passed!
- Please take a moment to contact us (email@example.com) and let us know if you’ve reached your Representative’s office and how they respond. ACT NOW so Complete Streets and Safe Passing can move out of committee and on to the full House before time runs out on the session.
If none of these are your representative, please do not contact them! Elected officials respond to their own constituents. Don’t worry; there will be plenty of opportunities for everyone in Texas to contact their representatives and senators soon!
Thank you for making Texas a great place to bike and walk!