Free shipping on all bike lights!
Texas Bicycle Coalition Executive Director Robin Stallings visited the offices of a dozen Texas congressional delegation members while in Washington, D.C., in late October. The offices included those for 10 representatives as well as Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) and John Cornyn (R-Texas). Stallings extended personal thanks to the policymakers and staff members with whom Texas Bicycle Coalition worked to support earmarked funding for bicycle and pedestrian facilities in the recent federal transportation bill, SAFETEA-LU.
The Coalition recognizes and extends a special thanks to the efforts of the following members of the Texas congressional delegation for securing specific bicycle and pedestrian funds:
- Congressman Henry Cuellar (D-28th District) $7 million
- Congressman Lloyd Doggett (D-25th District) $7.6 million
- Congressman Al Green (D-9th District) $1.3 million
- Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-30th District) $400,000
- Congressman Kenny Marchant (R-24th District) $400,000
- Congressman Michael McCaul (R-4th District) $1.6 million
- Congressman Pete Sessions (R-32nd District) $1.8 million
- Congressman Lamar Smith (R-21st District) $800,000
If you live in one of these districts, we encourage you to send a thank-you note to your representative letting him or her know how much you appreciate their support of bicycle and pedestrian project funding in the SAFETEA-LU federal transportation bill. Please refer to the Take Action section of the Get Involved menu on BikeTexas.org for more information about writing to your congressional representative. You can also learn who your elected representatives are by visiting the Take Action section of the Get Involved menu on our website.