CEUs for this presentation: .75
CEUs available for the following certifications:
- APA / AICP – American Institute of Certified Planners
- ASCE / TSPE – Engineers’ Professional Development Hours
- ASLA – American Society of Landscape Architects
- CPRP/NRPA – Certified Parks and Recreation Professional/National Recreation and Park Association
Speaker: Jessica Brunson
Bike or scooter virtually to partners throughout the San Antonio community to discover places and destinations downtown. Learn about tactical urbanism and how you can pilot your next pop-up space. A little goes a long way in showing how a community can create spaces for people and make their business or neighborhood stand out with their flair in design! We will virtually go to businesses and neighborhoods that share common interests in making safe and vibrant spaces in San Antonio and create a pop-up space of our own with a local partner.
- Learn the feasibility of creating simple spaces on their own or with businesses
- Learn about tactical urbanism and how it can change/improve a community
- Learn how to propose pop-ups and make a permanent structure in their city
We will virtually travel to multiple destinations to see where tactical urbanism can be applied. View how partnerships in the community can help create a larger picture of a vibrant and safe space or destination for people to travel and find. As a group we will create our own space/s with local partners and view how it can be set in any city knowing limitations of cost, time, and space. Using simple construction and artistic ideas there will be: brainstorm session, drawing up plans, estimated cost analysis, and execution on property of pop-up design/s.