CEUs for this presentation: .5
CEUs available for the following certifications:
- APA / AICP – American Institute of Certified Planners
- ASCE / TSPE – Engineers’ Professional Development Hours
Speaker: Eric Virag, PE
Our transportation problems are woven into many pressing issues of the day: sedentary lifestyles, social isolation, global warming, polluted air, polluted water, and the need to move rapidly-growing populations safely and efficiently. Texas’ sprawling cities and auto-centric planning exasperate these issues. What can transportation engineering offer and what is the industry in Texas currently doing?
The Austin Transportation Department is working to improve the accessibility, safety, and connectivity of its transportation network. With the issues of the day in mind, we in the Active Transportation and Street Design Division are offering a piece to a more sustainable transportation network by developing multimodal facilities. What are our goals and how are we completing our work?
- How is the transportation engineering industry functioning in Texas and what changes should we make
- What solutions can transportation engineering offer
- How is Austin’s Active Transportation and Street Design Division contributing