CEUs for this presentation: .5
CEUs available for the following certifications:
- ASLA – American Society of Landscape Architects
- CPRP/NRPA – Certified Parks and Recreation Professional/National Recreation and Park Association
Speaker: Dale Harris
The Trinity Coalition is dedicated to elevating the Trinity River, its parks and forests, as one of the most valued natural assets in Texas. Our mission is to transform the Trinity River Corridor into a nationally-recognized conservation and recreation area.
The Trinity Coalition is supporting the Designation of 130 miles of the Trinity River by the National Park Service as a National Recreation Trail. Provide the list of goals and their status. Bring awareness to the cities along the Trinity of this project and the benefit it will bring.
Increase the awareness of paddling trails and river access linking it to the bike and hiking trails and other recreation. Bring more awareness to the Trinity River. With more then 50% of the population in Texas close to the river. This will be a major low cost recreation trail.
Create a paddling trail which will start in the DFW area and eventually extend to the Gulf of Mexico. Will increase the number and frequency on access points along with regular scheduled Clean-up projects and events.
- Obtain a higher level of knowledge about the Trinity River and its Benefit to Recreation
- Become more involved in keeping the Trinity clean of Trash. Conservation awareness
- Become more involved in developing the Trinity from DFW through Houston as more then a River but a waterway for everyone’s enjoyment
During and at the end of the presentation will have a open discussion with question and answer session along with recommended input from participants.
We want the attendees to look at becoming involved as the project grows and expands.