CEUs for this presentation: .75
CEUs available for the following certifications:
- APA / AICP – American Institute of Certified Planners
- ASCE / TSPE – Engineers’ Professional Development Hours
- ASLA – American Society of Landscape Architects
- CPRP/NRPA – Certified Parks and Recreation Professional/National Recreation and Park Association
Speaker: Ricky Cotto
Blue Zones Project is a community-wide well-being improvement initiative to help make healthy choices easier for everyone in Fort Worth. A vital part of Fort Worth’s Healthiest City Initiative, Blue Zones Project® encourages changes in our community environment that lead to healthier options.
When our entire community participates – from our worksites and schools to our restaurants and grocery stores – the small changes contribute to huge benefits for all of us: lowered healthcare costs, improved productivity, and ultimately, a higher quality of life.
- The secrets to longevity: The research found by National Geographic Fellow Dan Buettner about the longest lived people in the world and their environments.
- Implementation: How did Fort Worth create an environment of Well-being? Did it work?
- Outcomes & City Partnerships: What were some key changes that city planners made to improve our built environment.
Learners from this session will be able to go back with best practices on creating an environment of well-being. They will also see the economic benefits of a healthier community.