Free shipping on all bike lights!
The Woodlands Cycling Club
Who We Are
The WCC has its roots in two separate clubs joined together with a common goal. Our goal is to promote bicycling as a social and healthy recreational sport. We do our best at each club ride to ensure every member and guest has someone to ride with. The Woodlands Wheelmen was organized in 1993 to specifically promote recreational cycling. The Woodlands Cycling Club was founded in the eighties as a USCF (United States Cycling Federation) racing club and at one time was a top ranked team in the Houston-Metro area.
Both clubs recognized the benefit of joining together to form a comprehensive cycling club that emphasizes a broad range of cycling disciplines. As a club our greatest satisfaction comes from new rider development where we can help someone improve riding skills and fitness levels.
Don’t be intimidated by the “fast” riders, fancy bikes and flashy clothes when you show up for the ride. Most of our riders started as “beginning” riders. For many of us the memories are very fresh of cruising slowly on the Woodlands bike trails wearing a T-shirt, Bermuda shorts, tennis shoes, and no helmet. We’ve been there, done that, liked it, done more, and Ah ha!…got better! You can too….just do it. Ask the guys or gals with the fanciest bikes and clothes.
The only things required are a helmet and a bike.!!
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Learn to ride safely, courteously, and efficiently.
- Ride the BEST roads in the Houston-Metro area, selected for beauty, safety and challenge.
- Touring Group rides scenic, “smell the roses” rides.
- Recreational group rides at aerobic pace.
- Fast, sport group rides at competitive but friendly pace.
- Ladies Group welcomes all guests to their “beginner” rides (there are some fastriding ladies too!).
- Mountain Bike Group rides.
- Maps of our riding area provide safe routes, mileage included to plan rides.
- Published, regular ride schedule ensures someone to ride with.
- Periodic bike clinics focus on bike maintenance, health and fitness, and riding skills.