Texas Bicycle Racing Association (TXBRA) Website
TXBRA’s mission is to promote amateur bicycle racing in Texas.
To accomplish that mission, TXBRA shall strive to:
- Coordinate and establish a balanced race calendar with minimal overlap between events.
- Encourage clubs in close geographical proximity to work together to host full weekends of events, rather than weekends made up of single races in different locales.
- Create a points series that will recognize the reward rider and clubs from each category in the disciplines of road, track and cyclocross.
- Develop a standardized category system to facilitate the Texas Cup series.
- Encourage promoters to provide races that meet their event sanctioning body’s category-specific time or distance requirements for rider upgrade.
- Provide for effective communications between racers, clubs and promoters by encouraging a spirit of cooperation and volunteerism.
- Seek to attract corporate sponsorship in order to fund TXBRA activities and purchase equipment that members can use.
- Serve as a unified body that will represent amateur Texas bicycle racing in discussions, regarding its needs and desires, with its governing bodies.
- Create a supportive network and environment that enables race organizers to exchange ideas and support each other.