Free shipping on all bike lights!
San Antonio Wheelmen (SAW) Website
Benefits of Membership with SAW
- 1. The camaraderie of belonging to a diverse group of over five hundred cyclists, men, women and families, young and old, fast and slow.
- 2. At least two, and sometimes three or more, organized rides every weekend
- 3. Safety in numbers, help with on-the-road bike mishaps, not getting lost, learning about cycling from fellow members.
- 4. Using cycling as a way to stay fit and healthy to a ripe old age (one of our fittest century riders just had his 80th birthday).
- 5. One of the best cycling club websites and newsletters in Texas .
- 6. Access to an inventory of superbly-produced, rider-tested, route maps for much of south central Texas.
- 7. 10% discount on many items at several local bike shops.
- 8. Cycling advocacy and representation at local, regional, state and national levels on matters of great importance to you, as a responsible cyclist.
- 9. Voting membership of the San Antonio/Bexar County Metropolitan Planning Organization (Bicycle Mobility Task Force).
- 10. A great summer picnic and winter holiday party with all your cycling friends with other social events in the evenings and at weekends.
- 11. Group insurance while participating in club events.
- 12. Sponsorship, every four years, of the highly successful, three-day, Easter Hill Country Bicycle Tour based in Kerrville.
- 13. Discount for Rider Education program
Membership is open to anyone interested in cycling and 18 years of age or older. A responsible adult must accompany minors under 18 years of age. Annual membership fees are $20 for individuals and $25 for families. To join, each member must read and sign the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk Agreement and mail with a check payable to; San Antonio Wheelmen Inc, P.O. Box 34208, San Antonio, TX 78265.
Back to Club Member Bios