A. Air / Wheels:
- Is the air pressure in the tires correct? Are the tires in good shape?
- Do the wheels spin freely on the hub? Are all the spokes tight?
- Do the brakes make the wheels skid?
- Are the pads in good shape?
- Spin both wheels; do the brake pads rub?
C. Chain / Crank / Pedal:
- Is the chain straight?
- Is the chain clean and lightly oiled? Is the chain free of rust?
- Is the crank tight and secure?
- Are the pedals tight and secure?
- Raise the bike about two inches and drop it. Does it make noise? Something may be loose.
Quick / Check:
- Quick: If the bike is equipped with quick release fittings, are they properly adjusted?
- Check: Ride around slowly. Does the bike appear to operate properly?