Free shipping on all bike lights!
Old Tascosa Cycling Club member Angela Ellis presented the monthly “Winning Warrior” award for April 2006 to Joyce Cunningham, local outreach coordinator for Texas Bicycle Coalition. Cunningham works in the Amarillo region on the BikeTexas Safe Routes to School project.
Amarillo’s Old Tascosa Cycling Club “Winning Warrior” award (a Kachina doll) was established by the 2006 Club President, Melodie Faulkner. The traveling award is a way to recognize members for their contributions to the Club. The current award holder selects the next month’s recipient. The recipient is selected based upon his or her demonstration of the club’s Mission Statement: “To promote and improve the quality of all bicycling through awareness, leadership, advocacy and competitive or recreational events for the Amarillo area. We will collaborate with other community organizations to achieve our mission.”
In recognizing Cunningham’s contributions, Ellis identified initiatives which Cunningham helped support:
- Support of the NAMI (National Association of Mentally Ill) Tour fundraiser
- Texas Bike & Walk to School event
- Assisting with the Ride of Silence
- Coordinating the Monday night Beginners No-Drop Ride with instructional topics and ride leadership
- Sharing information with the local media and over 100 cycling contacts through email
- Membership Director on the Old Tascosa Cycling Club Board
Congratulations, Joyce, on receiving this award, and thank you for your contributions to the Amarillo cycling community! Great Job!