San Antonio residents have a chance this Saturday, May 12, to vote YES for bonds that will greatly improve many San Antonio roads for biking and walking.
Find your voting location using your street address or by using your voter registration information.
On May 12, 2012 San Antonio voters will have the opportunity to vote on $596 million in capital improvements – better streets, safer sidewalks, reduced flooding and new and improved parks, libraries, fire stations and museums – all over the city. This is an opportunity to invest in San Antonio’s future, but only if voters step up and vote yes on the City of San Antonio 2012-2017 Bond Program. Here are five reasons to vote yes and Build SA Now:
- Most of the bond money – $465 million, or 78 percent of the total package – will be spent on urgent infrastructure needs
- The Bond Program will allow the City to make these improvements without raising taxes
- The 140 projects in the Bond Program were selected by the community
- A Citizens’ Oversight Committee will oversee the Bond Program to ensure funds are spent properly
- This investment in our city will create thousands of local jobs
Read more about this bond package here: Build SA Now Key Messages.pdf
Some of the specific road projects that will greatly improve conditions for San Antonio bicycle riders are:
- Downtown Street Reconstruction – Main, Soledad, many others
- HemisFair Park Area Redevelopment – Cesar Chavez cycletracks
- Espada Road
- Ray Ellison
- Theo & Malone Corridors
- Tezel Road
- Hausman Road
- Redland Road Phase II
- Hardy Oak Blvd.
- Bulverde and Classen Roads Realignment
- Ingram Road
Don’t miss this key opportunity to improve San Antonio for bicycling.
On Saturday, May 12, GET OUT AND VOTE!!