We need your help! Complete Streets (SB 565) and Safe Passing (SB 1515) have not yet been scheduled for a hearing in the Senate Transportation Committee. Time is running out for these bills in the legislative session.
Senator Robert Nichols of District 3 is the Transportation Committee Chair. If you live in Sen. Nichols’ district, you have influence that advocates in the rest of the state do not. If you do not live in District 3, please do not contact the Senator. Everyone will have a chance to contact his/her Senator as soon as this bill passes from the Committee to the full Senate. Until then, hold tight! Not sure what district you’re in? Find your senator here.
TAKE ACTION NOW:
- Call or email Sen. Nichols’ office now and ask him to schedule a hearing for SB 565 and SB 1515: (512) 463-0103 or click here to email Senator Nichols.
- BikeTexas has found the following format to be most effective when communicating with elected officials:
1. My name is _____ and I live in District 3.
2. My occupation is _____.
3. I (or my spouse/child/parent) ride a bicycle.
4. Will Senator Nichols grant a hearing on SB 565 and SB 1515?
- Be polite. Thank the staff for their time. They field hundreds of angry calls every day, so let’s make sure cyclists stand out by being courteous. Giving the staffers and the senator a positive impression of Texas cyclists could be the difference in getting the bills passed!
- Please take a moment to contact us (email@example.com) to let us know you reached Sen. Nichols and what the response was.
ACT NOW so Complete Streets and Safe Passing can progress before time runs out on the session. Thank you for making Texas a great place to bike and walk!