BikeTexas is delighted to announce that our own Executive Director, Robin Stallings, was awarded the Advocate of the Year Award by the League of American Bicyclists at the National Bike Summit.
Bill Nesper, Executive Director of the League, says, “Robin has been a leader in the US bicycling movement for decades. His creativity and drive to make bicycling better for all has been an inspiration and model for advocates around the country.”
Some of the ways Robin has earned this award include:
- Long dedication to making bicycling safe, comfortable, and convenient to all
- Out-of-the-box thinking for development and capacity building
- Creative programs that address a holistic approach to policy and program improvements
- Model for state coordination of the National Bike Summit lobby day and federal/state coordination
- Working with the National Association of State Legislators
Congratulations, Robin, and thanks for bringing an award home to Texas!