Free shipping on all bike lights!
Thank you for showing your support for bicycling in The Woodlands.
There are several upcoming opportunities to show your support publicly. We’ve found through our advocacy work that officials tend to listen to the people who are showing up and making the most noise. Therefore, it is critical that people who ride bikes attend public meetings to show officials that people who oppose bicycle facilities are in the minority.
To start, spread this petition to everyone you know who cares about bicycling in The Woodlands. You can use this link to share by email or social media: https://www.biketexas.org/thewoodlands
Next, plan to attend one or more of the following meetings:
- Thursday, July 10 at 2pm – Ad Hoc Transportation Committee meeting
- Thursday, July 17 at 9am – Board of Directors meeting
- Wednesday, July 23 at 6pm – Board of Directors meeting
All meetings take place at the Township building at 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
At the meeting, sign up to speak during the public comment period, or about a specific agenda item if applicable. When speaking, be sure to identify yourself (and, if applicable, your family members) as a person who rides a bike in The Woodlands. In your comments, be sure to:
- Stress that bicycling is an important part of the amenity package that helps you enjoy living in or visiting The Woodlands.
- Request that the Township work to create a Bicycle Master Plan that includes bike lanes, cycle tracks, and other on-street facilities to ensure that the roads are safe places for people on bikes.
Thank you for your support! With your help The Woodlands will continue to grow as a bicycle-friendly community.