Free shipping on all bike lights!
The Complete Streets bill, SB 513, would require the Texas Department of Transportation to consider all modes of transportation including bicycles and walking in road renovation or new construction projects that use federal or state funding.
The bill passed through the Senate Transportation and Homeland Security Committee last week, and the entire Senate may vote on the bill TOMORROW, May 18!
The bill squeaked by in the Committee, with a 5-4 vote, so your help is necessary to pass this bill!
We need you to contact your Senator NOW and ask him or her to vote in favor of SB 513. You can help by calling or writing him or her in support of the Complete Streets Bill. Let us know you’ve called or CC us on the email.
We have listed each of the Texas State Senators with their anticipated vote below.
If your Senator intends to vote no, please express your disappointment and your hope that he or she will vote in favor of the bill.
If your Senator will vote for the bill, please thank him or her for supporting Complete Streets.
If your Senator has not expressed an opinion, it is very important that you express your support for the bill and your hope that he or she will vote for the bill. It will be a very close vote, and every vote counts!
Thank you for your support of SB 513 and its potential to create safer streets on which Texans can bike ride and walk. For information on the Complete Streets bill such as bill language, supporting organizations and bill authors, go to the BikeTexas website.
To find out who your State Senator is, click here!
Here is the list of Senators, broken down into how they voted for SB 513 in the Senate Transportation Committee, or how BikeTexas believes they will vote.
- Wendy Davis, Dist. 10 (joint author)
- Bob Deuell, Dist. 2 (joint author)
- Rodney Ellis, Dist. 13 (author)
- Juan “Chuy” Hinojosa, Dist. 20 (voted “yes” in Committee)
- Eddie Lucio, Dist. 27 (confirmed vote to BikeTexas)
- Jose Rodriguez, Dist. 29 (joint author)
- Kirk Watson, Dist. 14 (voted “yes” in Committee)
- Jeff Wentworth, Dist. 25 (voted “yes” in Committee)
- Craig Estes, Dist. 30 (confirmed vote to BikeTexas)
- Chris Harris, Dist. 9 (voted “no” in Committee)
- Robert Nichols, Dist. 3 (voted “no” in Committee)
- Florence Shapiro, Dist. 8 (voted “no” in Committee)
- Tommy Williams, Dist. 4 (voted “no” in Committee)
- Brian Birdwell, Dist. 22
- John Carona, Dist. 16
- Robert Duncan, Dist. 28
- Kevin Eltife, Dist. 1
- Troy Fraser, Dist. 24
- Mario Gallegos, Dist. 6
- Glenn Hegar, Dist. 18
- Joan Huffman, Dist. 17
- Mike Jackson, Dist. 11
- Jane Nelson, Dist. 12
- Steve Ogden, Dist. 5
- Dan Patrick, Dist. 7
- Kel Seliger, Dist. 31
- Carlos Uresti, Dist. 19
- Leticia Van de Putte, Dist. 26
- Royce West, Dist. 23
- John Whitmire, Dist. 15
- Judith Zaffirini, Dist. 21